- Published Date: 30/09/2013
- Content: 498 pages, 310 tables and 102 figures.
- ISBN: 978 0 86214 597 2
Additional licences are charged at 20% of the full price. A global licence (five or more) is charged at twice the full price. You can also order printed copies.Make an enquiry Download Sample PDF
Magnesium Compounds and Chemicals: Global Industry Markets & Outlook, 12th edition 2013
Roskill's 12th report on Magnesium Compounds and Chemicals has been published.
A potential sea-change in magnesia supply is on the horizon. China, the world’s largest producer, is undergoing a modernisation plan that will eliminate much of its older technology and excess capacity. Simultaneously, the international market is reducing its dependence on Chinese exports. New projects in the rest of the world could add up to 1.8Mtpy of all types of magnesia capacity between 2011 and 2015 – up to 500,000tpy of which has already come online.
This latest report from Roskill covers the whole magnesia industry – speciality/industrial grades, caustic calcined magnesia (CCM), dead burned magnesia (DBM) and fused magnesia (FM).
Get accurate answers from independent experts
- What are the scenarios for Chinese magnesia production in the coming years?
- Where could new supply be located?
- Which end-use markets are likely to drive future magnesia demand?
2. Occurrence and properties of magnesium raw materials
3. Processing of dolomite, magnesite and magnesia
4. Processes for production of magnesium chemicals
5. World production of magnesiumcompounds
6. Production of magnesiumcompounds by country and company
7. World trade in calcined dolomite, magnesite and magnesia
8. Uses of magnesium compounds and chemicals
9. World consumption of dolomite, magnesia, olivine and brucite
10. Use of magnesium compounds in refractories
11. Use of magnesium compounds in building and construction
12. Use of magnesium compounds in glass
13. Use of magnesium compounds in agriculture
14. Use of magnesium compounds in water treatment
15. Use of magnesium compounds in flue gas desulphurisation
16. Use of magnesium compounds in iron ore processing
17. Use of magnesium compounds in flame retardants
18. Use of magnesia in heating elements
19. Use of magnesium compounds in magnesium metal
20. Use of magnesium compounds in food, pharmaceuticals, toothpastes and cosmetics
21. Use of magnesium compounds in pulp and paper
22. Use of magnesium compounds in nickel processing
23. Other uses for magnesiumcompounds
24. Prices of magnesium compounds