Custom Market Analysis
If a specific commodity report does not cover a product or area of the market you need, then Roskill’s consulting division can provide market intelligence and competitive insights that are specific to your requirement.
Case study 1: Evaluation of a minor metal market
A major mining company engaged Roskill to investigate the current and future market for a niche by-product metal produced during the refining of a base metal concentrate.
- Desk-based review of market information from internal databases and online sources building on historical multi-client report content
- Analysis of value chain and trade flows to establish the route by which refined product entered the market from intermediate sources
- Evaluation of market growth potential based on sector trends and consumer activities
- Determination of historical and forecast prices based on reported and trade data, cost basis and supply/demand trends
Roskill’s analysis of the market was used as input into the client’s business case for capital expenditure related to a potential customer’s request for new sources of supply and the potential risks surrounding the investment.
Case study 2: Analysis of a downstream product
A major mining company wanted to understand opportunities to produce a new downstream product from existing assets based on market growth trends.
- Building on analysis from other markets, scenarios for material demand were produced and subjected to sensitivity analysis to form low/base/high cases
- Profiles of existing suppliers were built up using desk and primary research including identifying raw material base/sources, processes and markets/consumers
- An evaluation of prices using published and trade-derived information was used to establish product value and premiums
Roskill’s analysis was used to identify the opportunities to the potential producer in expanding its downstream product offering, and provided options on next steps to investigate the project further.