Feasibility Study Input & Financing Support
Roskill has long supported consulting clients with market, marketing and price inputs for internal and external scoping, pre-feasibility and full feasibility studies across the metals and minerals sector. We can also assist as marketing consultant in financing of assets for both the project owner or potential financiers given our independence.
Case study 1: Input into a lithium project feasibility study
Provide market insight, price forecasting and marketing advice for a full feasibility study on a lithium mining/conversion project.
- Using its latest multi-client report as a base, longer-term projections of supply, demand and price were produced reflecting the LOM of the proposed project
- The market was further segmented into compounds targeted by the project identifying particular trends and opportunities for the developer
- Insight on commercial contracts was obtained to assist in pricing and sale of final products into the market
- Options for project expansion or alternatives for feedstock supply were given including a cost/benefit analysis on outside sourcing of raw material
The client digested Roskill’s report into its feasibility study with the full report available to potential financiers in later capital raising activities
Case study 2: Market consultant on a project debt raising
Act as marketing consultant to a client in the raising of project financing by providing independent market and marketing analysis in support of project/company documentation
- Evaluate market growth and the impact of new supply from the project on the market
- Establish product norms comparing against project output and competitive suppliers
- Provide advice on marketing opportunities and how the project developer’s plans match those typical in the industry it is entering
- Conduct supply-demand analysis to establish price forecasts and premiums/discounts for product variants
Market reports were produced for submission to the potential lenders allowing them to compare the project company plans against market norms and potential.