Roskill can help your organisation answer questions about taking a product to market: the who, what, where, how much and how approach.
Case study 1: Go-to-market advice for an industrial by-product
Provide market analysis and marketing options for a low-value by-product otherwise disposed as waste produced from an in-demand primary product
- Updating of market insight including producer profiles, quantification of supply and demand from natural and synthetic sources
- Establishing product flows from producer to market
- Interviews with consumers establishing product specification and delivery
Roskill established that without low-cost freight, product could only be sold to the local market; the client was able to understand competitive forces and establish how and where it might sell the product.
Case study 2: Marketing study for a potential new producer
Analyse existing producers to understand their marketing set-up, consumers and contract terms.
- Profiling of producers to understand internal product flows between manufacturing locations and final product output
- Mapping of supply using trade data to discover target markets, including entrepôt trade through subsidiary warehouses
- Interviews with consumers to establish contract norms, product requirements and logistics
The client was able to understand where/who its potential competitors sold product to and why, the habits of consumers and requirements to become a qualified supplier, and what logistics and sales support would be required