Roskill requires a Business Development Manager with strong interpersonal and communication skills and a proven track record of B2B sales success. Teamworking, organisation, and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, along with exceptional sales and negotiation skills. The ability to build customer relationships of enduring value and develop a portfolio of profitable new and repeat business is a key attribute. The ideal candidate will have experience in researching market trends, targeting prospects, developing business relationships at all levels within an organisation and communicating complex high-value products and services to potential clients.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Face to face meetings with prospects, customers, and key industry influencers to generate sales, build a sales pipeline, generate enquiries and raise Roskill’s profile in the region.
- Maintain and develop Roskill’s business relationships in the region.
- Utilise data from Roskill’s CRM, marketing functions and industry news to target prospective accounts in the region, pursue leads, and follow through to a successful agreement.
- Maintain detailed records of customer engagement on Roskill’s CRM.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of Roskill’s target markets and supply chains.
- Follow the latest industry developments and stay up-to-date on corporate competitors, understanding our competition and the positioning of Roskill within the broader market.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of Roskill’s offering – its products, services, consulting offering, events, and staff.
- Work with Roskill’s marketing team on strategies to attract new clients.
- Work with Roskill’s Events teams to host conferences and networking events in the region.
- Collaborate with Roskill’s Senior Leadership, its global team of analysts and business development peers, and back-office staff to develop business in the region.
- A minimum of five year’s proven track record in business sales development or related area.
- Evidence of sales at board level
- Excellent organisational skills, prioritising customer experience and service.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis software as well as CRM systems.
- First-class presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to understand and propose products or solutions that focus on customer requirements.
- Ability to communicate information, whether technical or non-technical, to staff members and customers, in a clear and concise manner.
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working in commodities, especially in commodities research or consulting sales
Roskill is a leader in international metals and minerals research. We are an independent, privately owned company, so our reporting is completely unbiased, and our analysts are world-renowned experts in their fields. Our clients use our published research and consultancy services for strategy, product development, sales/marketing activities, competitor analysis and due diligence.
54 Russell Road,