Roskill is looking for a Senior Analyst to join its EV raw materials division based in London focussing on analysing the lithium market and contributing to the full range of lithium focused products that Roskill provides. The role represents an opportunity to work as a leading member of Roskill’s international lithium team, providing market leading analysis and forecasting allowing our clients to make informed and confident decisions at all stages of the supply chain. In addition, the senior analyst will undertake ‘on-the-ground’ research at lithium operations, refineries and end-users globally, and provide Roskill’s market view at industry conferences.
The position will operate as part of Roskill’s EV and Battery materials division, which covers some of the best-selling reports in the Roskill portfolio, including Lithium, Lithium-ion Batteries, Cobalt, and Rare Earths. In addition, the role will work closely with Roskill’s divisions focussed on cost analysis, sustainability and bespoke consultancy.
The Senior Analyst will contribute to and further develop Roskill’s in-house lithium market analysis, which forms the basis for the Lithium Market Outlook report and related databases within Roskill. You will be required to undertake detailed analysis of current market trends, provide forecasts based on the wide range of data available within Roskill’s internal models and present these findings to clients in technical reports and presentations.
- Undertake desk based and primary research relating to Roskill’s lithium products.
- Update and maintain Roskill’s in-house lithium models and datasets, identifying and implementing improvements to increase Roskill’s analytical capability.
- Provide assessments of project developments, including financial and technical analysis at mining and refining stages of the supply chain.
- Produce forecasts of lithium supply, demand and pricing as part of the Lithium market analysis team.
- Author and contribute to white papers on key issues impacting the lithium market.
- Liaise with other divisions, to provide holistic approach to the product research.
- Undertake bespoke market and technical research as part of Roskill’s RCG division.
- Develop new business for the division and explore new revenue streams
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of the lithium market and trends.
- Increase Roskill market coverage through social media and presentations at global industry conferences and events.
- Develop and build a network of industry and media contacts to improve Roskill brand and increase its public profile.
- Work with the marketing team to develop and build a network of industry and media contacts to improve Roskill brand and increase its public profile.
- Work with the marketing team to help promote Roskill and its products and services (via white papers, webinars, PR work, etc.).
- Work with sales team to identify new potential sales opportunities, and support sales efforts, this will include travelling with the sales team when appropriate.
- Present Roskill’s research to clients and at industry events and proactively support business development activities.
- Attend and speak at international industry conferences (typically 5-10 conferences per year).
- Promote and support with presentations Roskill in-house events and Roskill external conferences.
- Mentor and support junior staff working on divisional reports and projects, including consultancy projects.
- Identify gaps in capability and how to improve them through training, either external or internal
- Contribute to the wider development of Roskill through collaboration, team working, and the cultivation of a positive working environment.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in lithium or similar market analysis or consultancy
- Masters level degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, such as Mineral Economics, Economics, Finance, Mining, or relevant work experience
- Ability to formulate and analyse large data sets to provide forecast trends with excellent numerical competence.
- Personable and self-motivated attitude in organising and undertaking work.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and statistical analysis software
- Fluent English language skills both verbal and written. Additional language skills will be also considered beneficial for the position.
- Experience in working with influential industry participant in the private and public sectors
- First-class presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Eligibility to work in the U.K or Australia
54 Russell Road,